These Muffins are not only delicious but very easy and fast to make.
If you use very ripe bananas, you will get a sweeter muffin.
Also, using chocolate chips adds extra sweetness as well.
Please let me know what you think.
3/4 cup unsalted almond butter (or other nut butter)
2 medium-large very ripe bananas
1 cup rolled oats
4 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup -3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks (optional for added sweetness)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Prepare muffin pan with cupcake liners
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to a high speed blender such as Vitamix or Sultan.
- Blend on high speed until the batter is smooth and the oats are broken down (about 1 minute or less depending on your blender)
- Stir in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan
- Fill about half way or until 3/4 full
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes depending on how full your muffin pan is (you can do the toothpick test: insert toothpick in the middle. Muffins are ready when toothpick comes out clean)
- Allow muffins to cool
- Enjoy responsibly 🙂